Help Desk Analyst
A Help Desk Analyst is responsible for monitoring, prioritizing, initial response, and escalating end user requests for IT service. The primary duties include answering inbound phone, email, and chat requests for IT assistance with our clients, creating tickets, and ensuring successful resolution to close tickets. You will be the first level of support for end user requests and will be working with a field service engineers and senior level network engineers as an escalation point as needed. Work is mostly remote support at our corporate office in the Los Angeles area, but may involve some on-site client visits.
Help Desk Analyst Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of ticketing system, prioritizing new end user requests, assigning resources, and following through to ensure successful resolution of end user IT service requests.
- Maintain scheduling of field service engineers.
- Maintaining, administering and patching computer workstations and related computing environments including operating system software, applications, peripherals, and associated configurations.
- Performing upgrades to technology platforms, application software, and end user computer migrations.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other end user workstation problems.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Monitoring network capacity and performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Coordinating computer network access and verifying and troubleshooting permissions.
- Installing, configuring and testing workstation operating systems and software.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
Help Desk Analyst Requirements:
- Strong understanding of workstation operating systems, applications, and peripherals.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Network security experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting anti-virus, anti-malware/ ransomware products.
- Strong experience with all Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with ticketing systems such as ConnectWise, Freshdesk, or ServiceNow.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- Ability to work independently at a client site, but also comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Customer Service; ability to work in a multicultural corporation and flexible with global time zone.
- Team player, problem solving & owning to the end attitude.
- Strong ability to communicate technical subjects/ network requirements to non-technical audiences.
- Capable of independent decision making based on broad managerial direction.
- Capable of writing & presenting documents/presentations (English) to help make decisions.
- Ability to be “on call” during week days and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation as you will be visiting client sites in the Los Angeles area on a regular basis.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of Windows workstation operating systems, Microsoft Office, Adobe products, imaging software, remote connectivity, and other application software. You will also need experience with Windows Server Active Directory to be able to create and delete user accounts, reset passwords, and configure network access. Experience with both PC and Mac workstations is a plus.